Name :Hakan Özdoğu, Prof, MD,
Department : Hematology
Institue: Baskent University Adana dult BMT Center , EBMT CIC Number: 589 , JACIE Acrediated: T-001-2012.
Qualifications with date:
Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine Ankara, Turkey, Medical Doctor 1977
Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey, Internist 1981
Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey, Hematologist 2004
Baskent Universty Medical School , Faculty of Medicine,Adana, Turkey, Assoc. Prof 2003
Baskent Universty Medical School , Faculty of Medicine,Adana, Turkey, Prof 2007-Previous Post:
1981 - Received “Internal Medicine Specialist Degree’’ by Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
1983 – 1985 Obligatory State Duty; Ministry of Health Reşadiye State Hospital, Tokat, Turkey
1985 - 1988 Fellowship in Hematology, Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
1985 – 1988 Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
1988 - Received Diploma of “Associate Professor’’ by The Turkish Ministry of Higher Education (Yüksek Öğretim Kurumu-YOK), Ankara, Turkey
1989 – 1995 Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Ortadoğu Hospital and Diomed Medical Center, Adana, Turkey
1996 – 2002 Head of Blood Transfusion Center Team, Seyhan Private Hospital, Adana, Turkey
2003 - 2007 Associate Professor in Internal Medicine, Hematologist, Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Adana, Turkey. In the field of hematology, assigned as researcher and clinician on bone marrow derived stem cell transplantation and cellular therapy.
2007 - Professor of Hematology/Internal Medicine Department, Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Adana, Turkey. In the field of hematology, assigned as researcher and clinician on bone marrow derived stem cell transplantation and cellular therapy.
2008 - Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit Clinical Program Director,
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Adana, Turkey. Supervised the foundation organization of the Hematology Department Research Laboratory and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit.
Summary of Current Position: Programme Director of Baskent University Adana BMT Center and Chief of Hematalogy Department 2009-
Summary of Training and Experience in BMT
After completing visit to Professor Slavin's clinic in Hadassah Medical Centre; Israel on march 2004, SCT activity for adult patients began at Baskent University, Adana Hospital, Bone Marrow Unit, Adana, TURKEY. First, this activity started with autologous transplantation in 2004 and then continued together with allogeneic after 2004 without interruption from 2004 to 2015. Total SCT up to now: 520 (300 auto and 220 allo transplant ( including Unrelated and Haploidentic BMT)) have been carried out in the centre with my active participation. I have attended the annual EBMT Meeting, EBMT Subcomitte Meetings, and National Meetings on bone marrow transplantation and stem cell therapies, regularly.
1- Özdoğu H, Boğa C.Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Adult Sickle Cell Disease: Problems and Solutions. Turk J Haematol. 2015 Sep;32(3):195-20
2-Boga C, Ozdogu H. Pregnancy and sickle cell disease: A review of the current literature. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2015 Nov 2.
3- Ozdoğu H, Yeral M, Boğa C, Kozanoğlu I.Use of mesenchymal cells to modulate immune suppression and immune reconstruction in a patient with aplastic anemia complicated by invasive sino-orbital aspergillosis.Turk J Haematol. 2014 Jun;31(2):181-3
4, Kasar M, Asma S, Kozanoglu I, Maytalman E, Boga C, Ozdogu H, Yeral M.Effectiveness of fludarabine- and busulfan-based conditioning regimens in patients with acute myeloblastic leukemia: 8-year experience in a single center. Transplant Proc. 2015 May;47
5, Solmaz S, Gereklioğlu Ç, Tan M, Demir Ş, Yeral M, Korur A, Boğa C, Özdoğu H.A Rare Complication Developing after Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: Wernicke's Encephalopathy.Turk J Haematol. 2015 Apr 2
6. Ozdogu H, Boga C, Kizilkilic E, Kozanoglu E, Karakus S, Sahin FI, Unalan D, Haberal M. The first 2 years of clinical experience with peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for various hematological malignancies: results from a single Baskent University Center. Transplant Proc. 2007 May;39(4):1257-1260.
7. Kozanoglu I, Ozdogu H, Boga C, Basturk B, Kizilkilic E, Sozer O, Maytalman E, Kural M. Donor lymphocyte culture induced IL-2 in relapsed patient after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation (ABMT). 1 st Congress of Molecular Medicine 16-19 April 2005, İstanbul Turkey. Advance in molecular medicine. International Journal of Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Gene Technology 2005;1:448 suppl.
8. M. Baltali, H Ozdogu, M Aydin, AF Yapar, C Boga, I Kozanoglu, HT Kiziltan, H Muderrisoglu, Does intracoronary bone marrow cell delivery damage myocardial microcirculation? ESC Congress 2005, Stockholm, Sweden; Abs: P3149
9. Kozanoglu I, Boga C, Ozdogu H, Maytalman E, Ovali E, Sozer O. A detachment technique based on the thermophysiological responses of cultured mesenchymal cells exposed to cold. Cytotherapy 2008; 10 (7):686-689.
10. Kozanoglu I, Kural M, Ozdogu H, Boga C, Kızılkılıç E. Therapeutic apheresis procedures in Baskent University Adana Hospital. 15 th Congress of the ESFH. Transfus Apher Sci 2005:33(2): 244
11. Boğa C, Özdogu H, Kozanoğlu İ. Allogenik Periferik Kök Hücre Transplantasyonu Sonrası DLI Uygulamaları. Türkiye Organ Nakli 9. Kongresi 4-6 Temmuz 2007, Ankara, Türkiye.
12. Kozanoğlu İ, Kızılkılıç E, Boğa C, Özdoğu H, Kural M, Maytalman E, Yeral M. Başkent Üniversitesi Adana Uygulama ve Araştırma Merkezi Aferez Ünitesi Kök Hücre Toplama, Dondurma ve Saklama Deneyimi. 4. Ulusal Kemik İliği Transplantasyonu ve Kök Hücre Tedavileri Kongresi, 1-4 Mart 2007, Uludağ, Bursa, Türkiye.
13. Kızılkılıç E, Boğa C, Özdoğu H, Yeral M, Asma S. Orbital Selulit’in Allogeneik Transplantasyon Sonrasında Gelişen Graft –Versus-Host Hastalığında İlk Klinik Bulgu Olarak Ortaya Çıkması. 4. Ulusal Kemik İliği Transplantasyonu ve Kök Hücre Tedavileri Kongresi, 1-
14. Özdoğu H, Boğa C, Kasar M, Yeral M, Asma S. Akut myeloid lösemisi olan hastada otolog kemik iliği transplantasyonu sonrasında gelişen Evans sendromu. 5. Ulusal Kemik İliği Transplantasyonu ve Kök Hücre Tedavileri Kongresi, 6-9, Mart 2008, Antalya, Türkiye.